We are honoured to have the support of our partners in specialised competitions aligned to their brand values and for the advancement of communities across South Africa.
Enactus teams are challenged to intervene and assist their communities take advantage of these opportunities.
The same judging criterion that will be utilized to judge the projects of teams at the Enactus National Competition are applicable to these projects.
2017 Special Competitions and competition status:
Barloworld Social Innovation Youth Awards
Eight finalist teams:
- Durban University of Technology: Chibini Linen project
- Mangosuthu University of Technology: Ceiling-in-a-Can project
- University of KwaZulu-Natal: Umate Wamabovu project
- University of Pretoria: KF Brands – Atyre project
- University of Limpopo: Nutri-ringa project
- University of Venda: Mukondeni Ceramic water filters and pottery
- University of Zululand: Vukuzenzele project
- Vaal University of Technology: Bantu Binke Agricultural Farm
Harmony Local Economic Development (LED) Challenge
Nine teams selected as second round finalist teams for their specified projects
- Central University of Technology: Imvuselelo
- North-West University (Vaal Campus): Revive
- University of Fort Hare: Mazoyi Mixtures
- University of Limpopo: Let there be light
- University of Mpumalanga: Project Protein
- University of Pretoria: Tswelopele
- University of the Free State: The Artisans Workshop
- University of Zululand: Vukuzenzele Project
- Walter Sisulu University: Amele Vermin Culture Farming
MTN Foundation SA ICT Enactus Challenge
Ten teams have been selected to advance to Stage 2.